Checking your Library Account
- Choose Your Borrowing Record from the top blue bar in MnPALS.
- Enter your User ID/Barcode (14-digit barcode on your college ID starting with a 2) and Password (your last name).
- To display the items you have checked out and their due dates, click on Checked out Items.
- You may also renew items through this screen.
- To renew Interlibrary Loan items that are not past their due date, click on the ILL Requests.
- Click on the "Renew ILL" button in the ILL Actions column. (Note: The library where you borrowed the book from is the place that decides whether or not the item will be renewed, not our library.)
Using this Course Guide
See the red tabs listed between this box and the Bethany logo? Each tab has its own type of information based on what type of resource it is. Here are some quick definitions of the resources that will be explained in greater detail in the tab.
Overview: Types of Library Resources
Books: The library has a collection of both print and electronic books.
Audiovisual (see Books tab): Movies, videos, CDs
Articles: Works presenting research and scholarly discussion on a topic. Articles are usually published in Journals. You can find them either in print journals at the library or through databases.
Journals (see Articles tab): Contain collections of articles (and often scholarly book reviews as well). If you know the name of the journal or magazine you are looking for, you can search for it directly through this link.
Databases (see Articles tab): Electronic resources providing a way to search through articles and journals.
Course Reserves: Books, articles, and other items from your classes. These items are available at the library front desk and can only be checked out for a short period of time, usually between two hours to a day
Interlibrary Loan: Order a book or audiovisual item from another library (eBooks and electronic resources cannot be interlibrary loaned due to license agreements with publishers/vendors-those requests will be automatically canceled)
Electronic Resources/Reference Librarian
Memorial Library ext. 349 (Front Desk)
Office Phone: 507-344-7874
Ask a Question!
Staff are always available to answer your questions during library hours. No appointment is needed!
If you have a question outside of library hours, email the Reference Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org, and in most cases, you will receive a reply the next morning. Be sure to check out the Frequently Asked Questions page first for tips, including video demonstrations!
Need help with writing a paper? Check in with the Writing Center!